This page is also available in: Svenska (Swedish)
15th to 17th October 2018, at Roffey Park, Horsham, England
An international gathering of Dialogue Practitioners from all over the globe, reviewing their work to inform and inspire others. The overall purpose is to develop deeper understanding of the professional practice of turning fragmented situations into aligned processes of constructive change. Convened by the Academy of Professional Dialogue in the UK in October 2018. All presentations published in the Academy’s annual publication The World Needs Dialogue!
A Conference with a difference…
- All participants, including presenters, are present and involved throughout the full three days of the conference
- A Dialogic Conference, in-depth engagement and focused consideration with those who have first-hand experience, a minimum of monologues and no projected power point slides
- Global Dialogues on the universal theme The World Needs Dialogue!
- Working Dialogues with the practitioners who delivered the work under consideration – to develop depth in the work within four Main Themes
- Taster Dialogues to acknowledge innovation and inspire breadth
- Limited to 80 participants so please register interest to attend to receive an invitation
- Global Dialogue theme: The World Needs Dialogue!
- Working Dialogue themes: Healthcare Needs Dialogue!, Society Needs Dialogue!, Organisations Need Dialogue!, Criminal Justice Needs Dialogue!
- Taster Dialogue themes: a wide variety of innovative and work-in-progress Dialogues…
Request for Expressions of Interest
Would you like to present your Dialogue work at the First Annual Conference of the Academy of Professional Dialogue? Then please submit a one-page Expression of Interest saying who you are, giving a description of the Dialogue work you have been doing and explaining how you believe it contributes to the development of the field of Professional Dialogue. We welcome practitioners who have not previously been published, as well as those who have previously authored published material, and some editorial support will be provided. All papers considered at the conference are published in the Academy’s annual publication.
This is a participatory working Conference where participants will be provided with written materials prior to each session. The time in the conference will be spent in Dialogue about the various pieces of work under consideration, not listening to presentations and monologues. These Dialogues will be incorporated into the Conference publication with the names of participants in the Working Dialogue.
Share this with a colleague
Can you think of someone who might benefit from this? Please share the word by emailing them this link: